2nd Line IT Support Technician
2nd Line IT Support Technician
Based at our client's office in Canary Wharf
Salary - Up to £28,000.00 (dependent on experience)
We are looking for am experienced 2nd Line IT Support Technician to provide technical support to users based at our client site in Canary Wharf.
This individual will ideally be a skilled IT support professional who has been working in the industry for at least 1 year. They will be able to hit the ground running and provide instant support for users.
The client is a global property development business, with their Head Office in Canary Wharf, London. The IT Support Technician will be helping to support users across the UK, so there is likely to be some occasional travel involved. The IT Support Technician will form part of a team of 3 onsite at the clients offices.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Fielding IT support queries from the users onsite and remotely
- Logging the call details into a helpdesk system
- Working with the remote helpdesk on 1st and 2nd line IT support queries to resolution
- Communicating regularly with end users
- Prioritising workload
- Creating supporting documentation
- Managing ‘Active Directory’ for New & Leaving Users
- Escalating 2nd and 3rd line support queries to Complete I.T. Helpdesk
- Checking and administering backups and backup procedures.
- Producing and updating documentation both IT Support related and User specific guides and procedures.
- Provide user training for the team on general IT tasks and more specific application support and guidance.
- Managing the hardware and software asset database.
- Fielding IT support calls from users, either in person or by email / telephone.
- Logging all support calls in a helpdesk system to the agreed SLA.
- Work on the resolution of IT support issues including but not limited to:
- Password resets
- Permissions changes
- Printer Troubleshooting
- Mobile Phone Support
- Patching of PC’s and phones
- Fixed desk phone support
- Server administration
- New user set up
- Group Policy Management
- Backup monitoring and management
- AntiVirus software management
- Asset tracking
- 3rd party application support
- Desktop builds
- Escalating issues and problems to the London Helpdesk
- Creating and updating documentation
- Communicating at all levels in the organisation
We are looking for someone who has the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- A’ Level, NVQ or above qualification in IT
- 1 year plus IT support experience in a similar role
- MCP Qualifications would be advantageous
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including memory upgrades, replacement of disks, video/sound & network car
- Proven experience with desktop and server operating systems,
- Application support experience including Microsoft Office 2013 2016 and 365
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
CIT is driven not only by our clients and our fantastic relationships with them, but also our amazing team. We are not just a successful business, we are a family. People matter to us – their opinions, their ideas, their development and most importantly their happiness is valued above all else, as they are the key to our success.
With this is mind we try to make sure that the benefits that we offer to our team reflect the high value that we place on them. We offer private healthcare schemes, an employee assistance programme, access to an exclusive discount website, eyecare vouchers, childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, long service awards, and quarterly team nights out. We also carry out bi-annual development reviews for all of our team members, giving them the opportunity to discuss their career and their training and development. Our team are the best in the business, so training is very important to us – we provide internal and external technical and soft skills training, and support our team by paying for them to take the exams that they need to gain valuable, industry recognised qualifications to develop their knowledge and expertise.