User and Infrastructure Support Analyst
User and Infrastructure Support Analyst
Based at our Client's office in Barnet, London - N11 1GN
We are looking for a User and Infrastructure Support Analyst for our client, providing support and management of the IT infrastructure for one of our flagship clients based at their offices in Barnet, North London.
You will be supporting end users and the It environment at a large charity - providing 1st and 2nd Line support to over 300 users all over the UK. Working under the IT Manager and the client’s Head of Infrastructure, you will ensure that the IT infrastructure is managed, monitored and maintained providing the maximum uptime, and will also assist with implementing projects to improve the client’s infrastructure.
You will work closely alongside end users to build trust in Internal IT services and systems providing long term resolutions to any problems they have, providing immediate support on-site for business-critical servers, networking and applications.
What you will be doing
- Answering the phone and responding to emails providing IT support to users.
- Logging and responding to calls in a helpdesk system.
- Keeping users updated and informed on the progress of IT support issues.
- Resolving IT support issues through remote support tools.
- Building and updating new end user hardware such as laptops and desktops.
- Build trusted relationships with key identified stakeholders at your client sites.
- Visiting the different businesses and locations across the organisation.
- Through questioning, researching and listening, develop a detailed insight into the client’s up-to-date businesses.
- Initiate daily contact with the Helpdesk and ad hoc contact for knowledge transfer where necessary, including the handover of projects.
- Keep in regular contact with the IT manager and other senior staff.
- Complete all administration and reporting tasks to CIT requirements using Connectwise
We are looking for someone with 2 or more years or experience in a similar role and who has had exposure to different environments and platforms. We are looking for someone with the following knowledge/skills
- Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems support
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- Troubleshooting \ problem resolution
- At least an awareness of virtualisation technologies
What you need to be to do the job
- A full UK driving license
- Technically competent across multiple platforms/environments
- Friendly and personable
- A great and willing communicator
- Willing to develop your IT skills
- You will know that for a successful long term relationship, the ‘fix’ is only one result for the client, their experience of us through you matters more
- A previous field or in-house IT role
- Be able to work as part of a team and also off your own initiative
- Know when to escalate matters and feed things to the people above you
CIT is driven not only by our clients and our fantastic relationships with them, but also our amazing team. We are not just a successful business, we are a family. People matter to us - their opinions, their ideas, their development and most importantly their happiness is valued above all else, as they are the key to our success.
With this is mind we try to make sure that the benefits that we offer to our team reflect the high value that we place on them. We offer private healthcare schemes, an employee assistance programme, access to an exclusive discount website, eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, long service awards, and quarterly team nights out. We also carry out bi-annual development reviews for all of our team members, giving them the opportunity to discuss their career and their training and development. Our team are the best in the business, so training is very important to us - we provide internal and external technical and soft skills training, and support our team by paying for them to take the exams that they need to gain valuable, industry recognised qualifications to develop their knowledge and expertise.